I would like to be the first to welcome you to the 2015-2016 school year. It is a pleasure to serve the students, parents, staff, teachers, administrators, and community of Val Verde Unified School District. As I begin my nineteenth year in this amazing District, I am proud and humbled to be part of this family – this is a dream come true!!
Continuing to build trust throughout the fabric of the district is a key priority. I am committed to enhancing structures and building relationships that lead to increased trust and many more “voices” setting District direction.
My leadership philosophy is rooted in the following principles:
- Learning is our core business
- The skill and knowledge of our staff is our greatest asset
- Nurturing leadership and professional growth at all levels of our organization is essential
- Data informed collaboration is keyfor quality decisions
- Excellence and equity can co-exist
- Relevance makes rigor possible
- Technology is a force multiplier
We will continue in our relentless pursuit of providing a world-class education to ensure our students are college AND career ready and prepared to assume their role as part of the 21st Century workforce.
On behalf of the Board of Education, I look forward to building on our past successes. Together, let’s continue to make a difference for our students and the communities we serve.
Michael R. McCormick, Superintendent